Thursday, February 6, 2014

Dr. Jukka Kemppinen, b. 1944, occasionally retired, principal scientist, promode professor (Informat


Dr. Jukka Kemppinen, b. 1944, occasionally retired, principal scientist, promode professor (Information Law), judge (Court of Appeals), reader, IPR, Information Law, Cultural History). Author - (poetry, fiction, non-fiction) and translator from so many languages; far more than 3 000 articles in reviews, journals, magazines, newspapers from 1957; television, broadcasts. Awards, promode now by newspaper Helsingin Sanomat ("Best Blog in Finland 2013). - Please, feel free to comment.
Have a look at the link "kellot". It just might come handy for foreigners, too. It only contains a list of brands of watches plus hyperlinks on companies + Finnish importers. www.kellot.fi As you might not know, just like Volkswagen now owns almost everything from Lamborghini to itse "rival" Seat, Swatch has gobbled up the prestige marks. Rolex, this originally British quim so greatly favored by Americans, is no watch. It is a way of saying:"Look, I am rich!" Or it says:" Look, my wife believes I am doing O.K. and does not know, what a jerk I am really am, so please let us not tell her, because she really has some money." Let us hope Esa and his friends include some really expensive stuff, double the price of a mealy Vacheron Constantin, like A. Lange & Söhne. Price for a basic watch $ 30 K. "Yes, we all all Sirs", wrote Robin, promode when I asked something about him and his merry men. The timepiece Robin frisks still is the same Timex I noticed 1995. The father of a friend, Mr. Pekka Herlin, was told by an ambassador or accountant that in China as well as Japan they have the tendency to check the condition of business-men's shoes and their watch. So he drew from his pocket a handy alarm-clock attached in paper-string, and worth the $ 6 he had paid for it. The voluntary consult was disgusted, promode when the Chinese bought elevators for all Shanghai from Mr. Herlin, and walking platforms too. Although I know a place where there is a carton full of 1968 Omegas in mint condition (Speedmaster, Spacermaster), I greatly favor watches that do not cost more than € 100, There is an exception, a large Mondaine Swiss Railway Clock, from Modern Arts Museum, N.Y. It is marvellous to see, what time it is. With these eyes, carrying bags ful of books or rudely wakened in office-time from sweet dreams. In the photo there is Jacob Jensen's clock i greatly admire. It is cheap, too. Half of people I have asked do not understand, how to read the dial. For the other half, it is all obvious. In the picture, it is 7:45. The little circle pulses showing seconds and in this case that the alarm is on. Jensen and Arne Jacobsen are the two Scandinavian masters. Of course we used to have our own, like Wirkkala, Sarpaneva, Still and Frank - but I admire the Danes. Kastrup promode is possibly world's least anxiety-ridden airport. It feels almost nice - and you can smoke there. There are other things that are hard to learn but nice to use - Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and even something else. Nobody but a nincompoop (non compis opiis - meaning certified lunatic) should promode yous Photoshop in this worl of ours that is so full of easier tools for trimming your basically bad digital photos - starting from the inimitable promode IrfanView. At present I am changing my beloved old maps from bitmap promode into vector graphics. I went around asking, is this possible. Once again, my friends and students are all too good and skillful. The answer "I do not know anything about Windows and the programs those people use", is honest. promode However, they do not know Adobe-products either. Therefore I do not degrade myself into really studying, how to use the programs, but instead do things wrong for a couple of years, meaning using ten things where one shortcut would do the trick. That is bad character, but that is what most people do. My father used first to memorize the manual and call me asking "Now I feel I might start using this Excel, but there is a function promode mentioned on page 732 that seems a bit obscure..." - But he served in Air Force 1939-1944 so that his attitude to technical issues is a bit warped. If you life depends of technical issues, you just might get cautious. So, here is this day's piece of news. Yesterday I said something bad about MS Outlook (not Outlook Express). Actually I feel it should burn in hell together with its authors. But it really synchronizes easily with Nokia Communicator and I really have the tendency to be in Helsinki when an audience waits for me in Oulu, so this is one reason. And I do not think the law-courts are very admirable, because they have this tendency to use non-interoperable software. Helsinki Court of Appelas had an exotic word-processing program still in my time (up to 2000) and I had to figure out, how to save texsts in ascii. The Supreme Court was using Lotus, when I asked last, and typically a justice has never even heard of Word or Adobe Acrobat. That makes keeping contact difficult. Luckily they mostly do not want to keep contact, except in dire

No comments:

Post a Comment