Friday, April 25, 2014

Now that the cheongsam is available only at dedicated boutiques, I decided to revisit the online che


Now that the cheongsam is available only at dedicated boutiques, I decided to revisit the online cheongsam shops to check out the designs, since I had not been focusing my attention on them during the past couple of months.
The Lady General hasn’t had any new collection since the last time I reviewed the dresses. Neither has The Happy Cheongsam . For the latter I understand from Min that the second collection is being tailored at the moment and will be launched in early April.
Our Bitsy Prints have been rather prolific, launching a few dresses every once or twice a month. Their latest collection featured their usual pleated skirt cheongsams j mendel with floral prints as well as a couple of new designs. The floral dresses are not very exciting.
The one below, Mafia Maiden, is one of the new ones, with butterfly sleeves, and OBP called it the little black dress of Cheongsam. To me, though, the model looks less like a mafia in the dress and more like a housekeeper or a school teacher, albeit a pretty one.
OBP also came out with what I call the “Cruise collection”, the nautical theme cheongsam dress, though there is only one deign. I thought this dress “Sail Away” j mendel has a fun feel to it. I wanted to get it but, unfortunately, by the time I placed j mendel my order (which is not 40 minutes after the order-taking started), j mendel someone beat me to my size. In fact I noticed that the dresses are mainly j mendel sold out within a couple of days, if not within the day itself.
Lark and Peony launch new pieces rather regularly too, and they have not come up with any different designs j mendel since I checked out their site. I guess I am going to piss off O&L fans but I find the busy prints rather mumsy or risk being mistaken j mendel for tablecloth . I’m not sure who the target market is; if it’s older women in their 40′s or older, then the dresses are age appropriate (in that they reflect j mendel the age of the wearer).
Next is Sissae , another prolific designer. Their collections veer toward formal wear, such as the one below with fluted skirt. To be honest I find the Sissae dresses rather j mendel pedestrian. j mendel To me, they lack the “wow” factor.
Sissae also offers cheongsam j mendel tops like this one made of French lace, paired with a separate organza skirt. I’m not sure if it’s the lighting or what but the whole get-up looks washed out.
Shanghai Tang has launched its Spring/Summer j mendel 2014 Collection and I must say it’s even better j mendel than the last one. There are a number of new designs with beautiful cut and fabrics that drape gorgeously over the bodice, exuding much elegance and sophistication.
I really like this jacquard pleated dress, which has an interesting collar. ST described the print on the top as modern floral; and indeed it is more stunning than the boring flower image, seen in a number of cheongsams above. The designer juxtaposed it against a plain skirt, instead of piling j mendel it on, making the dress really chic looking.
This is a mini dress with the same modern floral print. Though I’m not into really short cheongsam, j mendel the beautiful print, skillful cut and high quality material make it looks sophisticated. Note the shawl collar, a twist to the usual ones.
This is a beautiful design, using French lace made from wool silk Ottoman. I like how the fabric forms these beautiful soft drapes around the front, like the dresses found on the ancient Greek sculptures.
Name (required)
March 2014 M T W T F S S « j mendel Feb   Apr »   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31   Recent Posts PAP and the Art of Name Calling A look at Happy Cheongsam’s new collections More cheongsam reviews (Updated) Buddy and the ball On my own with Buddy Categories Select Category j mendel Baby  (52) Beauty  (10) Exercise  (2) Fashion  (35) Food  (38) Health  (5) Parenting  (18) Pregnancy  (46) Shoppping  (4) Travel  (3) Uncategorized  (41) j mendel Archives April 2014 March 2014 February 2014 January 2014 December 2013 November 2013 October j mendel 2013 September j mendel 2013 August 2013 July 2013 June 2013 May 2013 April 2013 March 2013 February 2013 January 2013 December 2012 November 2012 October 2012 September 2012 August 2012 July 2012 June 2012 May 2012 April 2012 March 2012 February 2012 January j mendel 2012 December 2011 November 2011 October 2011 September 2011 August 2011 July 2011 June 2011 May 2011 April 2011 March 2011 Search for: Blog Stats 166,958 hits
%d bloggers like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment