Monday, November 18, 2013

In 1993 I spent several months pleated jeans in Japan at a little town called Ibaraki and entered pl


In 1993 I spent several months pleated jeans in Japan at a little town called Ibaraki and entered pleated jeans a new world of custom, pleated jeans thought and life. More so when I visited Hakone, Mount Fuji et al in the course of a lyrical, beautiful stay with Sachiko, my flatmate  from Los Angeles, and her mother, Keiko Hattori. 
Since then I was keen to return  to my foster homeland and make that journey again - to meet my Japanese family and spend some time reliving those beautiful days. My  trips were not only  striking, but Japan was even more lovely every time I returned, than I remembered.
From our hotel in the heart of Ginza - the Imperial - where the kings daughter had recently got married, and some memorabilia from the wedding pleated jeans was still noticeable in the interiors, one could see the famous pleated jeans skyline and the bullet train whizzing by. 
The memories of my Sumeda river cruise in a spaceship like liner in the rain under twelve colorful bridges, the rickshaw ride through the Asaksa pleated jeans shrine, the brandy at the Kamiya Bar with my friend pleated jeans Wakako Aito, and innumerable cups of Sencha tea make me feel nostalgic as I sit here in my office today looking at rainy Bombay, looking at the sea tumultuously throwing a tantrum. 
The pride the Japanese have in their people and their country make me want to work harder at helping pleated jeans make Bombay, and then India, a happier, safer, cleaner place to be in. Much more so now, when there is so much disillusionment with our government and infrastructure. Moreso looking at the way the Japanese, in their meditative calm are rebuilding Japan after the nucleur disturbance and earthquake. 
Very much like Indian culture, Japanese hospitality is legendary, and the food is a metaphor of their culture in its purity and meticulousness. The Wakame (sea weed) is my all time favorite as is the Miso Soup, the Sukiyaki cuisine that I enjoyed at a private party that the Hattori family hosted for me. 
And my farewell presents from Kato San is a very expensive Japanese Melon, selected for its perfect form and coloration, wrapped in a box and the canned chicken curry that was made so popular by the Nakamuraya restaurant and Rash Behari Bose who fled to Japan during the Independence movement - everyone is talking about the book that tells the story of his escape to and life in Japan. 
Everyone was surprised when on my return I ordered Japanese cuisine on the flight back too. ‘Obviously you aren’t tired of the food?’ observe my good friends when I ordered Anago (Sashami Eel) while brunching with them at wasabe the next day. 
Follow @nishjamvwal
A HEAVENLY EVENING WITH MY STARS & BAUBLES- NISHA JAMVWAL pleated jeans The Royal Banquet And Ball of the Year , the Belle of the Ball is Nisha JamVwal's hero Sushmita Sen Nisha JamVwal – My Favourite Fixation pleated jeans Nisha JamVwal's IPL Fashion Finale ‘I’m In Love Again’ Nisha JamVwal At The ‘Indira Gandhi’ Party For Bruce Beresford An Intimate Magical Champagne 'Toast' With Nisha JamVwal Nisha JamVwal's Magic Moments with MF Husain Nisha JamVwal's Range Rover Evoque Launch Party Food, Art & Fashion Evening By Nisha JamVwal Nisha JamVwal Hosts Zoya Greek Jewel Evening pleated jeans Nisha JamVwal’s Egyptian Evening at Zoya “Dance Of The White Peacock” Hosted By Nisha JamVwal Nisha JamVwal’s Christmas Party Nisha JamVwal's Valentine Evening Tangerine Trees & Marmalade Skies -Nisha JamVwal Home I LOVE YOU & I ALWAYS WILL- NISHA JAMVWAL Glimpses of a beautiful mind
AMIR KHAN'S SECRET CONFIDENCES SHAH RUKH KHAN UNPLUGGED WARREN BUFFET GIVEs ME HIS WALLET JEFFREY ARCHER & I-CONFIDENCES SUSHMITA SEN SINGLE CHOICES VIDYA BALAN DESIRABLY.... SEXY SHILPA SHETTY pleated jeans DIPANITA SHARMA ON MEN SHAMITA SHETTY ON LOVE SEX & MARRIAGE MANDIRA BEDI -CANDIDLY SUCHITRA KRISHNAMURTHI DIVORCE SURVIVAL LILETTE DUBEY SHARES PINKY REDDY, KARAN JOHAR & CO SHOLAY'S RAMESH SIPPY'S WOMAN TULIP JOSHI'S LIVE IN RELATIONSHIP KIM SHARMA MARRIAGE SECRET SHAMA SIKENDER'S SHENANIGANS RATI AGNIHOTRI'S PARTY NEETA & NISHIKA LULLA
TIME FOR LOVE BE A GENTLEMAN BONDING & CEMENTING pleated jeans FRIENDSHIP DANGEROUS LOVE ARE U HALF A COUPLE? NARROWER CHOICES WITH AGE WHAT MEN WANT MATING & DATING MADE-IN-HEAVEN WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU FEEL YOUR WORST GET OUT OF A VIOLENT RELATIONSHIP SEX PRESSURE SEXY LOVE KISS & MAKE-UP ROMANCE IN THE AIR? BEING TAKEN 4 GRANTED? INFIDELITY- HANDLE IT! MOTHER-DAUGHTER COMPLEXITIES OLDER WOMAN YOUNG GUY SEX & LOVE MAGIC OF OLD PALS U LOVE SMONE WHO DOES'NT LOVE U BACK? LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIPS NAGGING FOR ATTENTION LIVE-IN LOVE KISS & MAKE-UP BEING SUPERWOMAN DATE-SEX-LOVE INSTANT BREAK-UP LOVE SURVIVAL BITTER DIVORCE?
YACHT PARTY WITH DIPANITA BHUTAN- LAST SHANGRILA MILAN- TRAVEL INSIGHTS NISHA JAMVWAL'S NOOK ANIMAL SAFARI IN SOUTH AFRICA-TIPS & TRICKS JAPAN & TIPS FOR TRAVEL pleated jeans STYLE-TIPS PARTY WHIRL DANCE EVENING WITH NIS

No comments:

Post a Comment